Friday, November 28, 2014

Freaky Fzx Friday - Stories

My family was giggling yesterday because of some of my tales at Thanksgiving dinner.  Engaging people with story is one of the highlights of my life.

Jesus told parables.  News broadcasts are in story form.  Good educational videos are narratives that trick you into learning.  Classic literature is important to our culture.

Sometimes my anecdotes are purely for entertainment.  Most are true.  Some are sewn from whole cloth.  A few have significant details that are changed to protect the identity of the guilty or innocent.

Freaky Fzx Fridays are stories.  They are not intended to be exhaustive.  They are messy and confusing.  They raise more questions than they answer and that is their purpose.

The world is vastly more interesting and confusing than anything that you or I will ever understand.  I want to tell that tale.

No comments:

Post a Comment