Monday, May 5, 2014

The Razor A5 Lux - My New Scooter

I thought about Roller Blades but I knew I would quickly break another bone so I went for a kick scooter.  The Xootr Scooter is really nice and so is the NYCEWheels KickPed but there's no way I'm spending over $200 on a scooter.  Big wheels are the key since I don't want every sidewalk crack breaking my back in addition to my Mother's.

The Razor A5 Lux it is!!  $65 shipped.

Good for Preschoolers

Better for Adults

This weekend was the annual neighborhood sale around my parents' house so I
flipped open the scooter, checked it over, tightened one clamp, and rolled out to see what the neighborhood had to offer.  2.5 miles later - yup, two and a half miles later - I returned with one Hot Wheels car, a slightly sore lower back, and no new scars.

At 6'5" and 220#, I expected it to be a bit skittish, but I had no problems except on steep downhills - those I walked.  There is some play in the locking mechanism but I didn't notice it while riding.  The brake is effective and the handlebar extends high enough for me to comfortably reach.

Honestly I love the Razor A5.  For quickly touring neighborhood streets or city hardscapes, it's a lot faster and less tiring than walking.  And when you're done, it folds into a small package that weighs less than 10 pounds.  And who needs a helmet when it's slower than running and three inches off the ground?

Fuzion CityGlide.
Short handlebar. 165# weight limit.




5 comments:

  1. When you mention the means to move, what kind of vehicle do you think of? Vehicles powered by electric power are environmentally friendly, typically electric moped scooter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this article. I think it is very useful for everyone. If people want entertainment, they can ride cheap electric scooters to walk around their neighborhood. So you're still hesitating without owning an electric scooter for yourself. I think the price of electric scooter for adults with seat is not too expensive for everyone. You will discover the benefits of owning this unique type of transport.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pictures that the blog owner shared I found are very lovely children. I love them, thank you for sharing. I also have lovely kids like that. They love driving electric scooters for kids. But I'm also concerned about hoverboard. I don't know the price of the hoverboard. How much money is a hoverboard?

    ReplyDelete