Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Teach Fzx Tuesday - Video Substitute 2

A tale of two Substitutes.

Conversing with a substitute recently, I heard the story of a teacher who ended up taking two months off for a medical problem.  He took a week off at a time; perhaps hoping to get back to work soon.  There were rarely lesson plans and there was never any direct communication with the sub who took over for the last few weeks.

During that two month absence there were two large packets of worksheets sent in.  Nothing else.  The final exam consisted of a stock textbook final exam that had to be modified significantly by the sub to fit what the students had completed....



In our world of easy access to information and communication, however, it is easy to do a lot better.

I was absent for two weeks but was able to run two Honors Fzx labs successfully without my presence using YouTube.  Story HERE.  I also came down with a pretty horrible case of Strep throat the week before and was unable to directly communicate with my substitute.

No problem.  I used YouTube.


I decided on video because I couldn't type and written words on a page were not going to convey that which I wanted as well as video.

The video is not exactly high quality but it worked out well.  The next time you're out for more than a couple of days, consider all the options you have for communication.  Modern technology allows us to do quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment