Friday, March 6, 2015

Fzx in Action - Vacuum Fix

The sweeper part of the canister vac had a bad connection.  My wife found it, pointed it out, and asked me to fix it.



   

Flip it over, remove two screws, and carefully pop off a couple of tabs to expose the inner workings.  I bought a new replacement connector - it'd cost more than $1000 dollars to make the vacuum cleaner part by part.

   

The gray wire nut must be replaced and the black connector unplugged to replace the wire properly.

  

The wire nut was replaced after stripping the three wires properly.

   


Then I reconnected everything, buttoned it up, and turned it on.  (Never leave anything plugged in while you're working.)  Now I don't have to buy a new vacuum cleaner or take it to a mechanic.  $22 for a couple more years.  Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment