Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Tek Tip 2sD - Dryer Repair #2

Last year I had to replace the belt on my dryer.  YouTube helped me with the replacement.

Dryer Repair #1

This time my wife told me it wasn't heating the clothes.  When I tested it, of course, it worked fine so I opened the burner inspection cover and watched it while testing all the settings.

I turned again to my YouTube assistant.


Listen for two clicks after you turn on the dryer.  The first click is the igniter switch - a yellow-hot electric heating element.  Once it gets up to temperature, the gas valve opens up and the igniter sets it burning.

I heard both click so the control system is working but the gas valve often didn't open after that second click.  According to this video


that means that one of the solenoids is bad.  Two solenoids must both work properly or the gas valve won't open.  SOLENOID VALVE FROM WIKIPEDIA.

They're on the way so I'll update this post later.

UPDATE - It works!  All I had to replace was these.


And this since I broke it while playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment