Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Hamburguesa Completa

During our last visit to Paraguay I bought a motorcycle and had lots of adventures.  One of the recurring characters in my advrider story was Hamburguesa Completa - the "complete hamburger."  I cook on Tuesday and have spent the past months working on the recipe.  It starts with ground beef with diced onions and bell peppers.  I add salt and garlic powder and pepper and cumin.  The cumin is essential for the Paraguayan taste.  It's also an ingredient in many Mexican style spices.


It all gets hand squished in a big bowl and I use a form to compress the mix into patties.



Then, while contemplating beautiful bicycles,


I grill the hamburgers and fry the eggs and a slice of ham with lots of butter and some salt.  That fried ham and egg really "complete" the burger.  Drop some flavorful cheese on the burger to top off the grilling.


Put it all together with your favorite bread or bun with lettuce and tomato.  Be sure to mix mayo and ketchup to finish the street style Hamburguesa Competa de Paraguay.

No comments:

Post a Comment