Tuesday, February 18, 2014

.22lr Slingshot

A slingshot and a box of .22lr just happened to be sitting next to each other one day.  I was in a spicy mood so I decided to combine them and see what happened.

There's a pair of cement walls where the train tracks run under the highway just a short walk from the house so I slipped the experiment in my pocket and wandered off to the lab.

I selected the first of five smooth stones that I had picked up at the water's edge - sorry, that's a different story - I slang (slung?) the first cartridge at the wall from about thirty feet away.  Nothing.  Another.  Nothing.  Ten feet.  Still nothing.  Then I fired a few at the railroad tracks right in front of me.  Nada.

Apparently, ammunition is a lot safer than I thought.  The recovered projectiles were scratched bullets and partially crushed casings empty of powder.

Thanks for the ammo, Pete.  It was inspiring.  And disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment