Sunday, February 23, 2014

Drug Deals and DeLoreans

While jaywalking my way across town yesterday on a good walk in the sun, I almost got smacked by a maroon car with gold accents.  The driver was wearing only a white ribbed tiny tank so it stuck in my mind.  I was cold even with a hoodie and heavy jeans.

A couple minutes later, the same car stopped next to the train tracks and a passenger stepped out.  The scruffy thirty something male exited without a backward glance and walked back toward Sharpsburg.  Since there were no houses near and he had something in his hand that he quickly inspected and then shoved in his pocket, I started thinking I had just witnessed the roving equivalent of a crack house.  

Since we were headed in the same direction, I followed the crack car customer about 50 meters until he met a man waiting for him just around the corner.  They talked for a moment, veered from the sidewalk into a parking lot, exchanged goods, and parted ways.

Definitely a three-way.

That same afternoon, I was pedaling home and seriously regretted not having a camera.  A DeLorean dressed like Back to the Future pulled up to a traffic light so I had to stop and take it in.  Light strings everywhere.  Flux Capacitor sticking out of the louvered rear window and huge rear exhaust vents just like the original.  It made me smile.

"Did I just see that?" said a nearby pedestrian.  "Isn't it great!" I responded with a giggle as I pedaled off.

Maybe that was a crack-a-smile car.

No comments:

Post a Comment