Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Bug Out Horse

The Apocalypse is upon us.  This is what I have collected so far:

1) Guns - and lots of 'em - how else will I protect my wife's Precious Moments collection?  
2) Water filtration system - without plenty of water, your pee gets really yellow and it smells funny.
3) A year of food for four on a pallet in my garage - and that's just for me.  I need more.
4) Paracord - 2000 feet.  Various colors.  From the emails I get, you can do anything with it.  It may even be edible.

I may have forgotten a couple of nonessential items and I doubt I'd get a good grade from those prepper TV shows, but I figure the next thing I need is a Bug Out Horse.  And maybe a sweet classic car to drive after a massive EMP - I saw it on "Jericho."

But back to the horse.  I could strap my water filtration system and a tent to the saddle with the paracord and rig some quick release paracord straps for a grenade launcher and a shotgun.  She could take me places.  In an emergency, I could even stuff an injured child inside the carcass just like Luke Skywalker inside the Tauntaun on Hoth.  And that horse could feed my hungry family while I drive my '66 Nova.

"God made man.  Sam Colt made them equal."

Sam Colt rode a horse.  So did the Marlboro man.

No comments:

Post a Comment