Thursday, February 6, 2014

More Ice Formations

I really like our winter this year.  We had another snow day yesterday so it's gonna be a long spring, but I love the fresh snow on the early morning bike ride to school.  And I love looking for new ways that ice forms. Here are a couple more from the past weeks.

Arriving home after a snow I found these crystals on the seat of my daily transport.


After the big freeze the ground in my backyard looked like this.  
The frozen water expands the ground around it.
It crunches under foot.



I was -10*F and this was the view out the windows of our son's room.


As long as the roof snow melts every once in a while and it's not too much snowfall at one time and I don't fall down and my wife isn't pregnant and nobody crashes, I really like the ice.




No comments:

Post a Comment