Saturday, January 9, 2016

Pedal Vancouver BC Part 2 - Train Ride

link to PART 1 - PEDAL VANCOUVER BC - THE PLAN

15 minutes from home I arrived at the train station only to have to ask for the parking lot since there were no signs.  The ticket kiosk was so complicated that they had a blue-jacketed employee there just to help us through the confusing on-screen instructions.  My American cards didn't work so I paid cash.  Then I forgot to pay for parking so I had to go back.  I ended up asking so many questions that she finally gave me a voucher for the coffee car on the train.  Nice.

free coffee for the newbie

I took up residence on the top level of the train but nobody wanted to sit with me since my stuff and I took up four seats.   Good views from up there.

built like a split-level home

Mission was the beginning of the line so the 7:25 train was almost empty.  It was still nowhere near full by the time we arrived on the last run to Vancouver for the New Year's Eve Day.  It's gotta be pretty full on a real day of work.

buckle up, time for launch

The sun rose,


heavy fog rolled in,


and we passed some log yards.

destined for paper pulp

Once the fog burned off a bit, the views of the mountains were great.

majestic - the photo doesn't show it

Arrival!  I didn't use the elevator with my stealthy bike in a bag.


Just outside the terminal I spread it all out


and put it all together.


That soft bag rolled up teeny to fit in the pack.


I like to be seen so I don't get hit.


link to PART 3 - PEDAL VANCOUVER BC - DOWNTOWN NORTH

No comments:

Post a Comment