Sunday, January 17, 2016

Snow Riding

I usually pedal in traffic.  Most of my miles are on the way to school and back.  I don't do a lot of riding just for fun any more but I enjoy it all even when it's cold and rainy.  It's just better to pedal my way through life.

Snow had fallen and it was still super cold so I decided to take an hour and my mountain bike for a rare snow ride.  There are some connected parks over in Fox Chapel that I decided to ride.  This was the starting point.



The only mountain bike I have is this single speed 29er with disk brakes.  It's a GT Peace and it's fun for the few times a year I ride MTB.

It was so cold that the snow wasn't sticking to the tires.  That's how I like it - the opposite of messy.


It was me and the meadow voles making tracks.  Mine were on top and they made tunnels under the snow.


I was one of the few in the 48 hours after the snow to have been through here.  There were just as many deer tracks as human tracks.


It was beautiful.


Wanna ride next time?  I'll be heading out on the next cold snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment